Re: [arm-gnu] Re : arm-elf

Rajesh kumar wrote:

Hi ,

    I am using GCC compiler for ARM7TDMI board, the compiler is not supporting the file operation , some how i managed to generate the elf file for the application involving file operations , it is giving Abort or some exception , can you tell me why this is happening, do the board requires any initialization for file operation..
The version of libc that we provides uses versions of functions like "open" that depend on the use of a simulator. If you are working with real hardware, you need to link against a library you write yourself, or is provided by a third party, that reimplements these file I/O functions for your target hardware.

Yours,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC