Re: [arm-gnu] A problem compile Linux Kernel 2.6.9 with Q1B 2005

Tan Shuai wrote:
> I use arm-none-linux-gnueabi-linux-gcc(Q1B 2005) to compile kernel 2.6.9,
> but when compile fs/read_write.c, the compiler report error message are
> "register specified for '__r1' isn't suitable for data type....".
> I use others arm gcc compiler that's OK, so I think this is may a defect.

In order to investigate this problem, we will need the preprocessed
source for that file and the command line you are using.  Please compile
the file with "-v -save-temps" and send us the output of the command, as
well as the ".i" file generated.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC