X11 libraries for 3.4.3

Greetings!

I am trying to cross-compile SDL-1.2.8 so that I can
use the libaries for compiling ffmpeg-0.4.8.

Details:
Board: Versatile PB-ARM926EJ-S
Cross-toolchain: 3.4.3

Background:

As of now I am able to use 3.4.3 provided at:
http://www.arm.com/linux/linux_download.html
for cross-compiling ffmpeg-0.4.8 using:

  #  ./configure
--cross-prefix=/usr/local/arm/3.4.3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
--cpu=arm
  #  make

But, this does not cross-compile ffplay. If I manually
try to cross-compile ffplay using "make ffplay" I get
"SDL.h: no such file or directory". So, I require SDL
to be cross-compiled first.

For cross-compiling SDL-1.2.8, I first copy esd.h,
aupvlist.h and audiofile.h from /usr/include on an x86
system to include/ directory of SDL-1.2.8 sources on
my host x86 system. I also copy linux/version.h from
2.6.12-arm1 kernel sources provided at the below site
to include/ of SDL-1.2.8:

http://www.arm.com/linux/linux_download.html

I compile SDL-1.2.8 using:

   # export
CC=/usr/local/arm/3.4.3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-cc
   # ./configure --host=arm-linux --disable-video
   # make

This compiles, but, don't I need X11 libraries in the
cross-compiler toolchain to compile it for ffplay?
Without --disable-video I get link errors for -lX11.

I don't seem to find this in the cross-toolchain. I
just want to play a movie player on this PB-ARM926EJ-S
board. Is there any other movie player that has been
successfully cross-compiled with the 3.4.3 toolchain
for this board?

I'd appreciate any help in getting ffplay
cross-compiled for the target ARM. Or, if anyone has a
pre-compiled ffplay binary, that is sufficient for my
needs too.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

K Shakthi

--
proudly anti-micro$oft