Re: [arm-gnu] Internal Compiler Error

On Thursday 11 August 2005 16:59, you wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 20:41, Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 August 2005 12:14, you wrote:
> > > This is either a bug in the compiler, or an incorrect inline assembly
> > > statement.
> >
> > I told you before
>
> I have no recollection or record of previous conversations with you.

Sorry, I must have missed something. I sent a message to
arm-gnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, which you promptly answered a few minutes after.

> > that I've seen my target headers being included on the
> > output of the .i file I've sent to you. However, I'm compiling it with
> > the -nostdinc directive. Looks weird..
>
> The whole point of preprocessed source (.i) files is that they are
> self-contaied and include all the header files included by the original
> source file.
>
> If those headers are proprietary, then I'm afraid we can't help you until
> you can come up with a redistributable testcase.

The program in question is BusyBox. I got an internal compiler error when
ftpgetput.c was reached, and I was instructed by you to send you the
preprocessed source file, which was what I've done.

I'm not sure why the problem happened here, as the compile command seems to be
ok:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -I/Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/include
-I/Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/include
-I/Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/libbb -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Os -fstrict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG
-nostdinc -I/Depot/SiriuStar//System/Links/Headers
-I/Depot/ToolChains/ARM-CodeSourcery-3.4.3/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/3.4.3/include
-I/Depot/ToolChains/ARM-CodeSourcery-3.4.3/lib/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/include
-c
-o /Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/networking/ftpgetput.o /Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/networking/ftpgetput.c

So, it's only including the proper headers: the ones from the toolchain, from
busybox itself and from the target directory, where uClibc headers which was
previously compiled for the same target (ARM PXA - SiriuStar board) are
stored. No stdinc on the game, and this is the error generated from this
command:

/Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/networking/ftpgetput.c: In function
`xconnect_ftpdata':
/Files/Compile/Sources/busybox-1.00/networking/ftpgetput.c:103: internal
compiler error: in arm_print_operand, at config/arm/arm.c:11390

I've uploaded the preprocessed source to make things better for you:
http://www.cscience.org/~lucasvr/etc/ftpgetput.i

Do you have any suggestion on what can I try to do to fix this problem? Thanks
for your patience and attention, again.

--
Lucas