load constructed constant in arm inline assembly - how?

load constructed constant in arm inline assembly - how?

hi.

I'm trying to do this:

ldr r0, =<32-bit constant>

The thing is, the constant is constructed at compile time in the .cpp file that is invoking the arm inline assembler:

asm volatile (
"ldr r0, =%0\n"
:
: "?"( 0xC0000000 | some-value-defined-in-a-C-header | some-other-value-defined-in-another-C-header )
);

my problem is that i can't find the constraint to use for the "?" character above. If i use 'm' i just get warnings about lvalues and stuff. The problem is i want to use my C/C++ defines and constants to make the value, and not have to duplicate them in the assembler.

help?

k2

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.