Re: [arm-gnu] [CSL 2005Q3-2 problem report] bad immediate value for half-word offset

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 07:20:33PM +0900, NAGATA Shoji wrote:
>  /home/*****/CSQ3-2/v6m_le/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/3.4.4/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/as -march=armv6j -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfp -meabi=4 -o sample.o /tmp/ccXW2lCZ.s
> /tmp/ccXW2lCZ.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccXW2lCZ.s:121: Error: bad immediate value for half-word offset (256)

Reproduced. This is a problem with GCC and the offset that ldrsb is able
to access. I have filed this issue with our internal systems tracker.

This is a very specific bug, and any changes to the code will make the
output insn sequence the right length and the load will assemble. The
only workaround I can recommend is reordering some of the variable read
and writes.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--