From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: mercredi 11 janvier 2006 19:13
To: Carlos O'Donell
Cc: Daniel Jacques; arm-gnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [arm-gnu] Segmentation fault using --be8 option

Hi Carlos,

> I reproduced the problem with the following testcase:
>
> echo "EOF" >> test.c
> int _start (void)
> {
>   return 0;
> }
> EOF
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mbig-endian -c test.c
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld -EB --be8 -o test test.o
> Segmentation fault.

Thanks for the test case.  I was able to reproduce the problem using
this and it turned out to be a simple thinko in the code to handle the
byte swapping of mapping symbols.  It is fixed by the attached patch.

Cheers
   Nick

bfd/ChangeLog
2006-01-11  Nick Clifton  <nickc@xxxxxxxxxx>

	* elf32-arm.c (elf32_arm_output_symbol_hook): Install new entry
	into the newly (re)allocated map array.