Linkere generated stubs

Hi All,

I am working on GCC for ARM Target.I am working on very big project and
I want to understand about linker generated stubs(like veneers ,i think
in ARM ADS).
As I am using large amount of C files , so when I am linking , linker is
giving error about "Call Truncated to fit".And , I am using Relocation
of the Code( VMA != LMA).

When I tried using -mlong-calls GCC option, then I am able to link files
but size of the Executable is very large.
So, Would anybody explain me how to generate stubs without -mlong-calls
option or reducing code size for this type of Application.

thanks in Advance,
Parag