Re: [arm-gnu] 2006q1-3-arm-none-eabi can't compile multiplesources to a single object file ??

Andre wrote:

> However, looking at the section sizes gives a clue about the real
> problem... the gcc build is including a lot of unreferenced text and
> rodata in the final image (which the Realview compiler does a great
> job of removing without any special effort on my part...).

That's very interesting.  Certainly, we'd be interested in analyzing this.

> I've tried -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections and --gc-sections in
> the past to coax gcc into doing the same, but without much success -
> ld fails with:
>
> /usr/local/arm/4.1.0-none-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-ld: internal error
> /scratch/paul/2006q1/eabi/obj/binutils-src-2006q1-3-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu/ld/ldlang.c
> 4241
>
> I'm guessing this means a problem with my linker script ??

Perhaps -- but it certainly also indicates a linker bug, as the linker
should tell you what's wrong before giving up.  To debug this, we'd need
all of the object files you're feeding to the linker, along with the
script.  And, to work out what's going on via a via the RealView
compiler, we'd have to look at the object files you get there as well.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery