Re: [arm-gnu] Toolchain gcc 4.1.1 with EABI

Re: [arm-gnu] Toolchain gcc 4.1.1 with EABI

satpal parmar wrote:
Hi all;

 I am trying to port linux 2.6.18.2 on an ARM9 based board. For that I am
created a new toolchain using GCC-4.1.1 with EABI support.

Earlier I was using linux 2.6.11.12 with GCC 4.0.3. Now problem is I am
getting some problems in my applications during compilation.

I cannot use GCC-4.0.3. for some reasons.

I just want to confirm that  set of gcc-4.1.1 (eabi) with linux kernel
2.6.18.2 or latest are working fine without any extra patch or any specific
configuration.

If yes, then what effect EABi support will have on my applications and
kernel space drivers?

Do I need to change in application (code particularly related to  floating
point)?

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest reading this first.  It's a
good discussion of the impact of using EABI.

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

galen