SIGILL received when debugging thumb code

SIGILL received when debugging thumb code

Dear all,

I am trying to compile and debug on a Cortex-A8 board and encounter a strange problem. Could anyone help me if you happen to know the solution? Thank you in advance.

Linux Kernel: 2.6.17
Development Tool: Release 2006q3-26

Problem Description:

I used a "helloworld" C program to test the compiling and debugging capabilities of this release. We compiled the code with both ARM and THUMB mode and they worked fine on the board. But when we tried to debug the code compiled with THUMB mode (using gdb and gdbserver provided in the package), I got the error message "Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction." The problem occured even before main(). And the ARM code didn't have this problem.

The compile options we used for the code is:
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mthumb -o hello hello.c

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Jimmy

 您的生活即時通 - 溝通、娛樂、生活、工作一次搞定!
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/