pthread fails if low mem

Hi,

We are using codesourcery 2006Q3 arm toolchain, our target has about 10MB free memory and is running 2.6.20 linux kernel.

If we eat more than 2 or 3 MB of mem (less than 7 MB free mem left) then pthread_create fails with -EOMEN.
It successes if we don't eat memory before thread creation (9-10 MB free).

If we use a toolchain based on Uclibc (+ linux pthread), there no such problem : we can eat 10 MB and we can still create thread.

Have you got an idea why codesourcery nptl show such behaviour ?

Thanks,

--
Matthieu Castet
Ingénieur Développement Logiciel