RE: [arm-gnu] ICE when compiling ARM Linux kernel with CodeSourcery Lite 2008q1

RE: [arm-gnu] ICE when compiling ARM Linux kernel with CodeSourcery Lite 2008q1

Hi,

Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > I am getting an ICE (segmentation fault) when building the ARM Linux
> > kernel (tag v2.6.24-arm2 from git://linux-arm.org/linux-2.6.git)
using
> > the configuration for the ARM Emulation Baseboard
> > (http://www.linux-

arm.org/git?p=ael.git;a=blob_plain;f=kernel/config/2.6.24-arm2/config-2.
6.24-
> arm2-realview-v6;hb=2008q1).
> >
> > Any ideas...?
>
> Are you using a Sourcery G++ compiler?

As written in the subject: header--yes, this is Sourcery G++ Lite
2008q1.

> In order to recreate the problem on our end we need you to provide us
> with the following information:
>
> 1. The compiler command line that causes the failure.
>
> e.g. gcc -O2 -g -o test.o test.c
>
> 2. The output of running the compiler but with "-v" added.
>
> e.g. gcc -v -O2 -g -o test.o test.c 2>&1 compiler.log
>
> 3. The pre-processed source output by the compiler. This is done by
> adding '-save-temps' to the compiler command line. This produces a
"*.i"
> file.
>
> e.g. gcc -save-temps -v -O2 -g -o test.o test.cc
>
> Can you send the information from step one, the "compiler.log" and the
> "*.i" file?

Well, I gave precise instructions in the original report... (everything
is available on the net...)
Anyhow, I attached the requested files, as a .zip archive.
The file "cmdline" holds the precise command line used.
"compiler.log" is the compiler log.
"init/calibrate.c" is the non-preprocessed source; "init/calibrate.i" is
the preprocessed source.

Regards,
	-Alon Ziv
named recipient(s) only.