[arm-gnu] Problem in using GPROF

Hi,

I am using ARM toolchain 2008q1 (GCC-4.2.3) to compile my application
for my OMAP3430 target hardware.

I am trying to use GPROF utility to get profiling information about
my application. I compile my application using following command -

arm-linux-gcc *.c -g -pg -fpack-struct

The generated output file when executed on hardware runs properly and
generates gmon.out also. When GPROF is used to generate the profiling
information from this gmon.out, the generated information shows
appropriate number of calls made for each function.
However all the time related columns - % time, cumulative seconds,
self seconds etc - has only ZERO value everywhere.

The information line at the top of generated profile says -
     Each sample counts as 0.01 seconds.
     no time accumulated

I have commented all "clock()" or "gettimeofday()" function calls as
I read somewhere that they could cause inappropriate time information
generation. But still what i am getting is all time fields flooded
with zero values.

What could be the problem??
My target OS has GLIBC-2.5.

Regards