Re: [arm-gnu] EABI version 5, but target u-boot has EABI version 0

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 03:08:39PM -0800, Brian wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Chen-Tsai Huang wrote:
>
>> I am using arm-2008q1 to compile the u-boot,
>> I got the following linker error.
>
> This is a simple problem to fix. First you need to understand that the
> ARM EABI and ARM GNU/Linux toolchains are different. The Linux kernel
> and applications are compiled with ARM GNU/Linux toolchain, while

For the Linux kernel, you can choose this in the config menu.

> bootloaders are compiled with ARM EABI toolchain.

That's you're choice, too...

> U-boot is a bare-metal application, therefore use the ARM EABI
> toolchain.

Well, I've got 5 different ARM toolchains on my compile server now, but while
the kernel compiles with all of them, U-Boot (e.g. 1.2.0) compiles with
exactly one (2004-q3, as I mentioned). The others don't even compile or
produce binaries that won't run.

Thanks,
Hans