Re: [arm-gnu] Re: Compiler internal error

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 04:00:03PM +0530, Kishore wrote:
>> Indeed. It does work fine without the naked attribute, however the same code
>> compiles fine with GNUARM. Also it does compile fine when the parameters are
>> passed as constant zero.
>
> It may compile, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the generated
> code is safe.

Indeed.  While we agree that the crash is a bug in the compiler, the
right behavior is an error message, not a successful compilation.  It
may happen to work with some versions of GCC (including older versions
of Sourcery G++), but it is working by chance.  So, yes, this is a bug
in the code that you got.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell