Re: [arm-gnu] gdbserver hw watchpoint support for armv6/armv7

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:33:58PM +0200, Matthieu CASTET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from what I understand armv6 and armv7 allow to set hw
> breakpoint/watchpoint via the debug register interface (either memory
> mapped or in CP14).
>
> Could it be possible that gdb/gdbserver exploits it ?

No current version of gdb or gdbserver supports this.  The first step
would be for the Linux kernel (since I assume you're talking about
Linux targets) to provide a ptrace API to control the watchpoint
registers, which are not accessible from user mode.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery