Re: [arm-gnu] Building arm-{none,stellaris}-eabi toolchains

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 04:43:37AM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> > There's a workaround in 2009q3 for a bug that will be fixed in our
> > next release.  It sets a gcc_cv_* cache variable in the environment;
> > you should be able to find it in the build script.  That will fix the
> > .eh_frame problem, which is GCC PR 40521.  Or just use
> > -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm for now.
>
> Okay, I'll have a closer look.  I thought I had copied all the
> environment variables out, but it's possible that I missed something --
> the way the build script is written does not make it easy to follow.

Okay... I checked this out -- I went to the top level directory of my
FreeRTOS build and ran the following:

	find . -type f -name \*.o -exec \
		arm-stellaris-eabi-strip -R .eh_frame {} \;

With that... it builds fine.  Haven't got the hardware here to test, but
I shall do so when I return to work in about 2.5 hours.  In the
meantime, gcc is being recompiled, having adjusted the environment used
to call $(MAKE) when building gcc.

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.