Re: [arm-gnu] linker file and map file problem

Re: [arm-gnu] linker file and map file problem

On 15/04/10 02:43 AM, robin wrote:
I have the below problem,
When i generating a test application, and i want the entry point to be
t_m at address 0x80000000
So i have given the ENTRY command in lds file.
but for some reason t_m is mapped to different address.
Can some point suggest what is going on?
I have tried with the latest compiler "arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi.bin"
and some other versions as well.
with -O0 optimization i was able to get the t_m at 0x80000000 but my
doubt is why the lds ENTRY is not taking t_m as entry
for other optimization levels ?

CFLAGS = -g -Os -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float
-I$(INCL) -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -mcpu=arm9 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes

LDFLAGS+=-Bstatic -T project.lds -Map $(TEST_MAP) -Ttext 0x80000000
--entry=t_m

You have not done enough to put t_m() at 0x80000000. At the very least you need to put it into it's own section using the section function attribute, and then use the linker script to put the section at the address you need.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell