Re: [arm-gnu] not a gnu question per se, but related (linker script help)

Re: [arm-gnu] not a gnu question per se, but related (linker script help)

Andrew Kohlsmith (mailing lists account) wrote:
In order to isolate bootloader changes from affecting the application's ability to use bootloader functions, I'm thinking of creating a jump table much the same as the ARM's exception table. The idea is certainly not new; I know from my ancient history that the Commodore 64 used the same idea to provide a fixed set of addresses for functions.

You should have a look at the Luminary Micro chips. Some of them have a firmware library in ROM, and should have a solution for your problem.

--
Thomas Kindler <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>