[arm-gnu] Re: [Gnash-dev] glibc and bionic at same time

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:46:01AM +0530, raju goruganti wrote:

> we have our legacy system which is build with Glibc. Now we want to  run a
> small application that is build with bionic libc .Is it possible to  run
> ,some  applications build bith glibc and some other applications build with
> bionic libc,at the same time on same target.Our goal is we use our main
> application build which is build with Glibc and run android
> application(bionic) from Main application.Or is there any other method to
> support both bionic and Glibc .

  No, glibc and bionic supply much of the same functionality, so you can't use
both unless you do some *serious* glibc hacking. Most C apps should work fine
with only bionic. Building with glibc and then trying to use bionic at runtime
won't work either.

  You don't really need bionic unless you want to access the lower level
functionality in Android, like making a phone call. If you really want to run
both, I'm available for toolchain consulting. :-)

	- rob -