Re: [arm-gnu] Tons of seemly extraneous code linked in c++ program

On 2011-05-29 07:06, Gene Smith wrote:
Basically, I guess I don't understand the relation between inline ctor
or dtor functions and whether an object can be created with new and
removed with delete.

A bit off-topin...

Library "new" uses exceptions, so that pulls like 60kB of exception-handling code. Also the switch -fno-exceptions makes little difference, because the code from stdlibc++ is already compiled and it DOES use exceptions - any "standard" code and you have exception-handling enabled anyway. Recompiling the library helps (;

4\/3!!