Re: [arm-gnu] problems compiling to embedded target

Re: [arm-gnu] problems compiling to embedded target

Hi jbd

> arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -static -mcpu=arm9 -Wl,-Ttext=0x60000000 DU_R8A7778.c
> DU.c Initialize.c -o DU_R8A7778.out

You should read some books about ARM I think. E.g. "ARM Systems Developer
Guide". It is a good book for beginners.

An ARM9 starts to run at 0, so you need to link for 0. At least your
startup code must be runnable at 0.

> the out file will not run on the target, it traps to ‘0’. I read that I
> might need libraries, but I am statically

That does not matter. Libraries can be linked statically.

--
42Bastian
+
+