Re: C++ and POSIX Threads Mailing List

Mark Mitchell posted the existance of this mailing list to austin-group.

Although not a C++ programmer, I want to present my views on the subject:

Pthreads cancelation and C++ exceptions have arisen in different contexts.
Although Tru64 apparently unites the two, I believe this is not necessary.

Pthread code that is aysnc-cancelation safe needs to take extra precautions
(pushing and popping cancelation handlers).  Why can't this restriction be
extended to C++?  I.e., C++ code that wishes to be async-cancelation safe
can do the exact same thing as C code.  This avoids all the thorny issues
that, juding from the (few) mails I read from your archive, are nearly
impossible to solve.

Regards,
Konrad