Re: [c++-pthreads] cancellation points report failure

Re: [c++-pthreads] cancellation points report failure

Nathan Myers wrote:
[...]
> Uncountably many libraries, though, would reasonably be expected
> to fail (e.g. corrupt memory, leak resources) if such an
> unexpected exception ripped through.

All those libraries are simply NOT thread-cancel-safe (and I mean
synchronous, not asynchronous cancelation). Well, you might want
to take a look at http://tinyurl.com/33kjj and, uhmm, yeah,
http://tinyurl.com/2zcq6 (I guess that you have a sort of similar
problem... except that you're dealing with code that was never
meant to be thread-cancel-safe, to begin with).

regards,
alexander.