Re: [c++-pthreads] Re: cancellation points report failure

On 08-Jan-2004, Alexander Terekhov <boo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fergus Henderson wrote:
> [...]
> > > Objection. To begin with, asynchronous cancelability IS part of
> > > pthreads.
> >
> > Asynchronous cancelability only works if you can be sure that there
> > are no implicit calls to async-cancel-unsafe functions going on.
>
> Yep (and probably also C++ things like throw-expressions and "try
> {").

"probably" is the word.  That's what I mean -- in C++, you can't even
tell which language constructs might be implemented with code which
under-the-hood is going to be doing dynamic memory allocation or other
async-cancel-unsafe operations.  "#include <iostream.h>"?
Constructors for static objects?  dynamic_cast?  const_cast??

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@xxxxxxxxxxx>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit