Re: [c++-pthreads] Re: thread-safety definition

On 13-Jan-2004, Alexander Terekhov <boo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ted Baker wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 07:19:42PM +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > > Now, in your model with cancellation ALWAYS disabled while running
> > > destructors (not only when acting upon a cancel request delivery...
> > > thread_exit aside for a moment), I'd have to add enable/disable RAII
> >
> > Please translate "RAII" for me?
>
> http://www.terekhov.de/DESIGN-futex-CV.cpp

Alexander Terekhov again fails to communicate,
and when pressed substitutes a unrelated URL.

Ted, when he says "RAII", he means "Resource Acquision is Initialization".
This is the name of a C++ idiom where code which acquires/releases
a resource is implemented as the constructor/destructor of a local object.

Alex, I suggest that you put more effort into learning to communicate.
Most of your recent articles are very difficult to understand and
show very little real effort towards actually explaining yourself.
If someone explicitly asks what you mean by an acronym, the _least_
that you could do would be to give them the full spelling.
Your apparent lack of effort indicates a level of disrespect
to your audience that is not conducive to a productive discussion.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@xxxxxxxxxxx>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit