Re: [SPAM] - FW: RE: [c++-pthreads] Re: I'm Lost - Email found in subject

Re: [SPAM] - FW: RE: [c++-pthreads] Re: I'm Lost - Email found in subject

Ted Baker wrote:
[...]
> Of course, polling won't help with cases where a thread is stuck
> on a blocking system call, but then one does
> have (dare I say it?)  pthread_kill().

You mean EINTR "cancellation" hack? You'd need a pselect()-like
logic and sigmask arguments

   If sigmask is not a null pointer, then the pselect() function
   shall replace the signal mask of the caller by the set of
   signals pointed to by sigmask before examining the descriptors,
   and shall restore the signal mask of the calling thread before
   returning.

added to all blocking system calls to make that castrated
"cancellation" really work (not being subject to a race with
respect to reaching interruptible state and signal delivery).

regards,
alexander.