Re: Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Connecting to a Coldfire target using P&E USB Coldfire Multilink.

Re: Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Connecting to a Coldfire target using P&E USB Coldfire Multilink.

> Nathan Sidwell wrote:
>

>> Claude Sylvain wrote:
>>
>> - From that point, I compiled a little project and connected to the
>>  target using GDB.
>>  From GDB, when executing a "load" command, there was error(s), and I
>>  have to make many "load" to finally have the command work correctly.
>>  I tryed also to exit GDB, re-execute GDB.  Also disconnect/re-connect the
>>  USB Multilink without success.
>>

> What errors did you get at this point?

- Sorry, the displayed error message have a lot of lines, and I can not
  remember them.

>> Remark:
>> - This morning, I installed Sourcery G++ Lite on another (Windows XP Pro)
>>   computer, and I saw a popup window telling that P&E driver was installed.
>>   There was no request to restart the computer.
>>   I have not the USB Multilink for Coldfire here, so I can not test
>>   if the installed driver is functionnal.
>>

> If you can see if that works before rebooting, that would be helpful.
>
> It might be that the P&E install should be requesting a reboot.

- The GDB load command was not working correctly until I have rebooted
  the computer.

- After installing the P&E drivers, connecting the USB Multilink,
  and followed the Windows add new hardware wizard, there was never
  a request to restart de computer.

- Maybe all this problem is due to the guy that was in front of the
  computer (that's me).  I explain:
  When I installed Code Sourcery G++ Lite, I did not notice that P&E driver
  was installed, and I installed another set of driver from the P&E
  disk that come with the M52235EVB box.  It was not a good way to go.

Regards,
Claude.