Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Warning messages

Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Warning messages

DMS Tech, John wrote:

When I switch these warnings off with the compiler option ‘-Wno-pointer-sign’ these warnings are suppressed, but my question is now when a real problem occurs like this example:

void somefunction(unsigned char *someparametername);

signed char *somesignedvariable;

Somefunction(somesignedvariable);

Is this going to get the warning still or is this warning also suppressed?

The warning will be suppressed.  Plain char is signed on coldfire.

If so is there another way to stop the warnings from the first example and still detect the warnings from the second?

No, because they are the same case, as far as the compiler is concerned.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk