Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Issues with ColdFire toolchain

In message <20060511123459.GG7874@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> > >	# ./openvpn
> > >	Allocation of length 1136352 from process 46 failed
                             ^^^^^^^
Please note size here.

> > There are many possible causes.  I doubt the static link is the culprit.
> > It seems that the memory map of openvpn is suspect.
>
> Is the entire filesystem built with the same toolchain?  I'm not sure,
> but I think a number of ABI changes have been made.

As it turns out, the size of the image  seems  to  be  important.  By
disabling  features we created configuration that resulted in smaller
images, and these work fine. The critical size seems to be 1 MB -  if
the images are smaller, they work; if they are bigger, they cannot be
loaded.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@xxxxxxx
"There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
- Mark Twain