Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] system() function broken

Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] system() function broken

Michel Marti wrote:
Hello,

The following code doesn't work as expected when compiled with the codesourcery toolchain:

#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  system("/bin/busybox");
  exit(0);
}

command-line used for compiling:

$ m68k-uclinux-gcc -m5200 -Wl,-elf2flt test.c -o test

When executing this program on the target (M5271EVB), the following happens:

# ./test
?: applet not found

I've tried your test case and it works ok for the m5208evb board that we have for testing. This is running a linux-2.6.12-uc0 kernel.

Can you determine what is emitting the 'applet not found' message?

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk