Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] BDM

David Smead wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> This is off the GNU topic, but I'm looking for information on using
> BDM/Jtag.
>
> I downloaded the toolchain and it appears to work on a Linux box.  I
> have a BDM/parallel interface that came with an earlier 5272 coldfire
> project that I need to make work on the M5223X chips.
>
> Can anyone point me to the program I need to download programs, or is
> that all incorporated into gdb?  Thanks.

GDB should be able to load the program into RAM.  Use the "load" command
to load the program on the target.  At present, GDB does not know how to
burn the program into flash.  That's something we're working on, and
will be a part of our toolchains at some point in the future.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery