Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Problems with -mcpu=assembler switch

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:48:05PM +0100, Paul McConkey wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply! OK, I'm new to the GNU toolchain so maybe I
> should have tested with the assembler direct!
>
> I'm calling the assembler through m68k-elf-gcc, but I'm looking at the
> help output from m68k-elf-as.

To expand on what Carlos said: it probably should be considered a bug
that the options for the compiler and assembler are different.  Also,
we recommend that you always run GCC rather than the assembler directly
- on some platforms GCC knows a lot about how to invoke the assembler
and linker correctly.  So, you're doing everything right.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery