Using m68k-elf-cfpe-stub with our own board

Using m68k-elf-cfpe-stub with our own board

Can anyone give me some pointers to getting board setup to work correctly using CodeSourcery's gdb and stub? I have two problems - I can't see how to set (or view) cpu space registers, and I can't get the stub to use my own board configuration file.

I'm used to using a older version of gdb, patched with bdm support (from bdm.sourceforge.net). My board setup is done with commands in a .gdbinit file such as:

bdm-write-creg 0xc05 0x10000001

I can't find any way to do something similar with the CodeSourcery tools.

The cfpe-stub program appears to do a certain amount of board setup, based on the "-t" parameter. For example, when called with "m68k-elf-cfpe-stub -t m5213evb", creg 0xc05 (aka RAMBAR) is apparently set to 0x20000001. I'd like to use my own target setup, but I can't find any information on the configuration file syntax (the CodeSourcery documentation refers to the Code Worrier documentation, but I've no plans to download hundreds of megabytes of Code Worrier if I can avoid it). I tried using a cfg file from FreeScale's flash programmer, but that does not seem to work. If anyone has an example configuration file, I expect I can figure out what changes I'd need for my own use.

mvh.,

David