Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Newlib reentrancy structure overhead

Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Newlib reentrancy structure overhead

Nathan Sidwell wrote:

unfortunately not. newlib is designed as a reentrant library and has no configure option to make it not so.

Of course, such capability could be added, but it would be significant work and we have no current plans to do so.

(Internal only)

What does REENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED do, then? I was vaguely under the impression it was possible to configure a non-reentrant Newlib, though it's been a long time since I played with that bit... of course, things will probably break if you do so anyway :-)

Cheers,

Julian