[coldfire-gnu-discuss] Control deferred writes?

[coldfire-gnu-discuss] Control deferred writes?

Hallo All,

can I tell gcc not to defer writes, possibly only to certain
variables?

In the coldfire V2 microcontrollers, consecutive register writes are
slow. Consecutive writes to "off-platform" registers take 12 cycles
IIRC.

Less a problem if the register writes are not consecutive IOW other
instructions are executed between the writes.

Therefore it is detrimental to delay writes to these registers if it
leads to consecutive writes.

After all, it's extremly hard to debug code where everthing is out of
order. And no, I sometimes can't switch off optimization for
debugging.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen