Re: [cxx-abi-dev] Mangling sizeof

Jason Merrill wrote:
If we're dropping type stubs, that reintroduces the issue of what to do with function parameters. I think it may still make sense to use type stubs for them; the name of the parameter is not part of the signature, and I don't think it's possible, given two parameters of the same type, for it to make a difference which one you use in a decltype/sizeof expression. Alternatively, we could just introduce a mangling for "function parameter N". Which might be simpler.

On the other hand, I am sorry to give up the property that

  decltype (*(T*)0 + *(T*)0) f (T t);
and
  auto f(T t) -> decltype (t + t)

have the same signature. Maybe just use type stubs for function parameters and *(T*)0?

Jason