[mips-gnu-discuss] GDB oddity with MIPS toolchain

[mips-gnu-discuss] GDB oddity with MIPS toolchain

I have used the toolchain to compile some of my MIPS applications
and I found out that when I use GDB to debug them, a request for
register #89 is issued. Here is the relevant log of the remote protocol
requests:

w +$qSymbol::#5b
r +$OK#9a
w +$p59#de
r +$#00
w +

Now, in order to make this work I reply with a "NOT SUPPORTED"
to the "p" command, but this is just weaseling out of the problem.
The register format for the MIPS (described in the "regformats"
directory of GDB) calls for a total of 73 registers for the MIPS (including
the floating point ones.) There is no such thing as register 89.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tony