ARM GNU Linux toolchain problems

Hi,

I obtained the latest GNU ARM tool chain from codesourcery.com (Release Q1 2004). Is this a stable release?

I tried building linux kernel (2.6 with arm patches) but could not get it to build. Some of the errors include:
- No option short-load-bytes
- Some inlining functions not implemented

Can you let me know if I have to do something different to make this release of the toolchain (which claims to have partial EABI compatibility - which we need) work with Linux Kernel. Do I need to rebuild it?

The toolchain works fine for some programs however I am not able to build Linux kernel 2.6.

Thanks,
Sri