Re: [arm-gnu] Symbolic links in windows package

Re: [arm-gnu] Symbolic links in windows package

Paul Brook wrote:

On Thursday 22 April 2004 09:29, Kai Schuetz wrote:
Hi !

I was seeing the problem that using the '-g' option would cause the
linker to fail because it can not find the libg.a library.

As the reason turned out that symbolic links are missing. This might be
a problem of WinZIP which I used to unpack, put in general symbolic
links are not supported under Windows. (There are "junktions" on NTFS,
but that's only for directories, right ?)

What is the proposed solution for that ?

These are actually hard linked files, not symlinks. Unfortunately winzip doesn't seem to handle these, silently ignoring one of the files. Most other archive programs create two copies of the file, which works fine.
The web site has been updated to warn against using WinZip to unpack these files.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC