Re: [arm-gnu] Multiple executables under untarred/unzipped folder....

On Saturday 10 July 2004 03:03, ramanand.mandayam@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello
>
> I downloaded the latest arm tool chains and unzipped/untarred the
> downloaded files (windows version).
> Looks like it contains the binary executables under two different
> locations  -- one under the
> top level bin directory and the other under arm-none-elf/bin.  They both
> appear to behave identically but
> are named different.  Which one should I use and should I even bother with
> this distinction?

They are identical. The duplication is because different tools expect the
binaries in different places. The GNU toolchain is primarily developed on
UNIX-like systems where they would be links to the same file.

Most users use the arm-none-elf-* executables in /bin to avoid confusion with
the native toolchain.

Paul