Re: [arm-gnu] ABI conformance and the ARM AXD debugger

Re: [arm-gnu] ABI conformance and the ARM AXD debugger

Jim Van Vorst wrote:

The big difference I see is the "ABI conformance." If I compile with ARM tools I get RVCT2.1 as well. So I'm assuming that this is what's preventing their debugger from liking our image file. It gives me a file format error if I try to load it up.

So what is the magic incantation to get the RVCT action? Is this something in the compiler build or a switch I can throw when compiling my code?

Perhaps you didn't build the compiler with --target=arm-none-eabi or --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi, as appropriate?

(Of course, this is exactly why we provide binaries, and why we provide support contracts to customers -- putting all the bits together isn't trivial.)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC