Re: [arm-gnu] gcc on ARM PB-ARM926EJ-S board

Re: [arm-gnu] gcc on ARM PB-ARM926EJ-S board

Shakthi Kannan wrote:

I did download codesourcery's 3.4.3 toolchain sources.
Is there any documentation as to how I can build a
native compiler on an x86 system that can run _and_
compile object code on ARM?

We do not provide assistance regarding rebuilding the sources. Doing that is a complicated process; you might want to start by looking at the documentation at http://gcc.gnu.org.

Furthermore, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. A native compiler on an x86 system will generate code an x86 system; not for an ARM processor. However, our binary packages do run on x86 systems, and will generate ARM code.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC