Re: [arm-gnu] gcc on ARM PB-ARM926EJ-S board

Re: [arm-gnu] gcc on ARM PB-ARM926EJ-S board

Shakthi Kannan wrote:

I want to have a gcc compiler that can directly run on
the versatile PB-ARM926EJ-S board. So, it is a native
ARM compiler that will run on the ARM platform,
generate ARM executable files, and the executables can
be run on the board itself. Will that be possible?

Yes, that is possible. (The resulting compiler might be quite slow, though, especially if your board does not have very much memory, or has to use NFS-mounted files.) However, we do not distribute binaries for that configuration. We could produce packages for that configuration, but it would be custom work.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC