Newbie question about compiler compatibility

Newbie question about compiler compatibility

Hello.

This is my first post to the list.

I am new to arm development, so my question may sound a bit dumb.

I have some code that I build with the armcc compiler coming with the ARM Development Suite 1.2. I also have some code that I want to build with gcc and create a static library (.a). Can I link this static library with the executable produced by armcc?

I have succesfully done this in the past using arm-linux-gcc 2.95.2. I tried doing it under the windows platform using arm-elf-gcc 3.4.0 with no success. The arm linker complained with this error:

Fatal error: L6042U: Relocation #0 in io.o(.text) is wrt a mapping symbol(#2, Last Map Symbol = #11).

According to the ADS manual, this has to do with the compiler and the code it generates.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Stavros