Re: [arm-gnu] Newbie question about compiler compatibility

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 07:52, Stavros Tsolakos wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This is my first post to the list.
>
> I am new to arm development, so my question may sound a bit dumb.
>
> I have some code that I build with the armcc compiler coming with the
> ARM Development Suite 1.2. I also have some code that I want to build
> with gcc and create a static library (.a). Can I link this static
> library with the executable produced by armcc?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: probably not, but it depends on your interfaces and there
are no hard-and-fast rules for what will and won't work.

CodeSourcery's GCC releases *are* compatible with ARM's RVCT 2.2
compiler.  They are not compatible with older products released by ARM.

R.