Re: [arm-gnu] A Query regarding code complilation on ARM

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 07:24, Rhishikesh Agashe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am porting a C code onto ARM9 Platform partly in C
> Language and partly in ARM9 Assembly Language. I need
> to use GNU Toolchain for compilation of the project
> and AXD Debugger to Debug the application. The problem
> is: GNU Toolchain generates a .exe file after the
> compilation of the C code and the AXD Debugger
> requires .axf file for Debugging. Can somebody please
> explain me the procedure for generating a .axf file
> using GNU Toolchain so that it can be debugged with
> AXD Debugger?

	mv abc.exe abc.axf

Or (on windows)

	rename abc,exe abc.axf

However, your mileage may vary.  ARM never supported debugging
applications with AXD that weren't compiled with ARM's own compilers.
Although it understands Dwarf, it understands a particular flavour of
dwarf2.  So some features may be somewhat restricted if your code was
compiled with gcc.  You'll stand a much better chance of getting things
to work if you use RVD.

R.