Armasm and GNU as directives

Hi all,
I am trying to compile an ARM assembly file using an GNU as that is
written and targeted to compile using the ARMASM compiler from ARM SDT.
I got tons of errors saying about "bad instruction" and I know it's sth
that deals with the different directives of those two assemblers. So I
am wondering if there are any options in "as" so that I can compile the
file without any errors? Or I have to change all the directives in the
file so it would fit into the GNU as? If that is the case, is there some
kind of chart or document that lists and compares the use of those
directives? Thank you for your help.
Regards,
parag