Re: [arm-gnu] Armasm and GNU as directives

Borkar, Parag (Parag) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to compile an ARM assembly file using an GNU as that is
> written and targeted to compile using the ARMASM compiler from ARM SDT.
> I got tons of errors saying about "bad instruction" and I know it's sth
> that deals with the different directives of those two assemblers. So I
> am wondering if there are any options in "as" so that I can compile the
> file without any errors?

No; the assembly syntax is incompatible.

We've thought about adding support for the ARM syntax in GNU as, but
it's a substantial project, and we've never had a sufficiently motivated
customer.

> Or I have to change all the directives in the
> file so it would fit into the GNU as?

Yes.

> If that is the case, is there some
> kind of chart or document that lists and compares the use of those
> directives?

I'm not aware of such a chart.  However, if you have a specific
question, we can help.  And, we will add these suggestions to our FAQ as
they're developed.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC